In pursuit of Kakuichi Institute’s goal of assisting in the creation of a saner and healthier society, we sponsored the creation of a documentary film project, Why on Earth, to spread the message of earthing to the many disconnected Earthlings out there who may resonate with the radically simply message: connect to Earth, feel the power, pass it on!
The film follows Echan Deravy on a 700km barefoot pilgrimage around Iceland, while discussing issues of health, happiness, and how we can all bring a deeper and more meaningful connection to something greater into our lives.
Aims of the Across Iceland Barefoot Walk:
- To document our deep relationship with the land supporting us and communicate with Icelanders on the way, asking them about their land
- To Highlight alternative energy systemms and show how we must maintain environmental purity and vibrancy
- To lend support in the proposed creation of Europe’s greatest National Park in the central highlands
- To share the health-giving properties of earthling by live broadcasts where possible and encourage others to start their own earthling treks
- To create a documentary to further spread understanding of the importance of our connection with the Earth
- To live the earthling slogan Connect to Earth, Feel the Power, Pass it On!
Echan Deravy a.k.a. Scottish born John Craig has lived in Japan most of his life. Writer, lecturer and film maker he has researched, practised and taught the concept of earthing, otherwise known as grounding, for over three years. He currently serves as the acting president of a Japanese corporation named Earthing Japan Inc. and acts as adviser to the Kakuichi group of companies based in Tokyo. This has led to the creation of the Kakuichi Institute, an East West think tank which hopes to bring people together for a saner, sustainable and sensible society.
As the first part of the Earthling project, the film Why on Earth is now available. Watch here.