Graham Hancock, Japan event
Magicians of the Gods Lecture
Location: Tokyo Hitotsubashi Auditorium | 2016/10/23 13:30~16:00
Sponsored by Kakuichi Institute
This event is now over. Tickets are no longer available.
23rd October, 2016 13:40 ~ 16:00 (starts 14:00)
National Center of Sciences, 〒100-0003 Tokyo, Chiyoda-ku, Hitotsubashi, 2 Chome−1−2
Will we be the next lost civilisation?
Did you know NASA miss most potentially cataclysmic comets?
- NASA estimates that it has identified only about 10 percent of all asteroids 140 meters and larger (source)
- Dr. John P. Holdren, senior advisor to President Barack Obama on science and technology, "estimated that there may be hundreds of thousands of such objects within one-third the distance from Earth to the sun that remain unknown." (source)
- The 2013 Chelyabinsk meteor was undetected before its atmospheric entry, in part because its radiant was close to the Sun (source). "The dazzling light from the rocky intruder blinded eyes and burned skin even though the temperature that day was far below freezing." (source)
- "It is unlikely that objects smaller than 100 meters in diameter on collision courses with the Earth will be detected with greater than weeks of advance warning – a matter of some concern since the larger objects in this range could be city-destroyers." -Dr. John P. Holdren, senior advisor to President Barack Obama on science and technology (source)
- Of the million or so asteroids that could one day strike Earth, only about 10,000 are known and tracked. That means we are in the dark about 99% of the asteroids that have the potential to crash into the planet. (source)
- "We virtually never get them ahead of time," said Margaret Campbell-Brown, associate professor in the department of physics and astronomy at Western University in London, Ont. (source)
- "The Earth has been left with a huge blind spot for potentially devastating comet strikes after the only dedicated comet-spotting program in the southern hemisphere lost its funding. It was the only program in the southern hemisphere actively searching for potentially hazardous comets, asteroids and meteors. The northern hemisphere cannot see objects in the southern sky. The task of searching the southern galactic plane is now left to amateurs and enthusiasts." (source)
- How much advance warning would be required to deflect an asteroid from impacting Earth? "It would take years." -Charles Bolden, current Administrator of NASA (source)
Join this event and see the mysteries unravelled
Near the end of the last Ice Age 12,800 years ago, a giant comet that had entered the solar system from deep space thousands of years earlier, broke into multiple fragments. Some of these struck the Earth causing a global cataclysm on a scale unseen since the extinction of the dinosaurs. At least eight of the fragments hit the North American ice cap, while further fragments hit the northern European ice cap.
The impacts, from comet fragments approaching at 100,000 km/h, generated huge amounts of heat which instantly liquidized millions of square kilometers of ice, destabilizing the Earth’s crust and causing the global Deluge that is remembered in myths all around the world.
A second series of impacts, equally devastating, causing further cataclysmic flooding, occurred 11,600 years ago, the exact date that Plato gives for the destruction and submergence of Atlantis.
The comet that wrought such destruction between 12,800 and 11,600 years may not be done with us yet. Astronomers believe that a 20-mile wide ‘dark’ fragment of the original giant comet remains hidden within its debris stream and threatens the Earth. An astronomical message encoded at Gobekli Tepe, and in the Sphinx and the pyramids of Egypt, warns that the ‘Great Return’ will occur in our time...
GRAHAM HANCOCK is the author the forthcoming Magicians of the Gods, and of the major international bestsellers The Sign and The Seal, Fingerprints of the Gods, and Heaven’s Mirror. His books have sold more than five million copies worldwide and have been translated into 27 languages.
His public lectures, radio and TV appearances, including two major TV series for Channel 4 in the UK and The Learning Channel in the US – Quest For The Lost Civilisation and Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age – have put his ideas before audiences of tens of millions. He has become recognised as an unconventional thinker who raises controversial questions about humanity’s past.
It has been 20 years since the international best-selling Fingerprints of the Gods revealed the lost civilisation and made a huge impact on our understanding of human history. After investigating ancient monuments around the world, and collecting the latest geological data, the world famous journalist, Graham Hancock, has come back with the latest scientific evidence to back up his theory.Takeru Mikami
What happened to our lost ancenstors during the comet impact in the Younger Dryas? The answer was left hidden for us by the Magicians of the Gods. This book overturns the orthodox academic theories of our past, and sets a new standard for our search for answers in the 21st century.
There is a hypothesis that human civilisation began 6,000 years ago in Mesopotamia, India, China and Egypt, but with recent research this theory has called into question. We now have some clue that there used to be a civilisation before the established timeline, more than 12,000 years ago.Shun Daichi, Japanese translator of Magicians of the Gods
Magicians of the Gods not only illustrates this, but also about why they perished. The universe made them perish. And we are going to encounter the same fate soon. This book provides us with the guidance and courage we need to prepare.
We can but listen in awe to Hancock's persuasive arguments. You can hear him in person, so absolutely do not miss this opportunity!Echan Deravy, Author
20 years ago, when Graham Hancock announced his theory of an ancient lost civilisation in Fingerprints of the Gods, archaeologists completely denied that he could be right. They claimed that there wasn't enough proof, and that the theory was unscientific. But recent discoveries have provided the scientific evidence that confirms the existence of an advanced ancient civilisation.Mr. Fumio Kamei, Kadokawa
Nicolaus Copernicus is not the only one who was treated as a heretic before people accepted the truths he brought. There may soon come a day when Hancock's theories appear in textbooks. Hear what he has to say, and bear witness to a new understanding of our past.
Graham Hancock has a unique ablity for deep insight and reason, which he has applied to megalithic structures around the world, allowing him to decipher their legacy with staggering conclusions.KyodoTV
20 years ago, the fog shrouding our past was dispelled by Fingerprints of the Gods. And now, 20 years later, Magicians of the Gods unshrouds our future.
One can not help but be astonished by the advanced science and wisdom of Earth's lost civilization, and what it means for us today. This book is our new 'history of humankind'.
A: Yes, we will have simultaneous translation.
A: There is a 500 person limit
A: Yes, absolutely, you can attend.
A: Graham incorporates his latest findings into his events.
A: It will be a 2 hour talk, but the event is 3 hours in total.
A: There will be a special press conference at Spira in Karuizawa.
A: Graham's books and DVDs will be for sale.
A: We will arrange a lottery system for those who want to buy and get books signed.